[Dailydrool] Desperately seeking a foster home for a nice young Basset boy

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 09:17:27 PDT 2008

Perhaps in my previous plea I wasn't clear enough.

I need a foster home for a dog in a shelter currently who has no place to
go. He has been in the shelter for some time. He does not have an unlimited
life span there. If you are in Washington or Northern Oregon, and can
consider fostering, please contact me right away. There *isn't* someone else
stepping up. I don't have the capacity to take in another dog myself. Let me
be specific here. I have six adults and 7 puppies in my home. I cannot take
in another dog.

Please, if you have a rescued dog of your own, look into their eyes. Someone
fostered that dog until you adopted it. Otherwise, your Basset would not be
on this earth anymore, and specifically not in your home. Can you pay this
forward in their name?

Please, can you take in ONE BASSET this year, for a fairly short period of
time? If so, please call or email me today....

I really wish that everyone who is not currently fostering could hear the
desperation in my voice right now.

Sylvie McGee
SPDR Basset Rep
360-705-1233