[Dailydrool] Life as usual

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:19:03 PDT 2008

Hi droolers!
It's Katie writing in for Watson who is busy barking at a bear statue
toilet paper holder thingy...its hard to explain. Needless to say,
Watson does not appreciate this bear statue. Shortly he will forget it
even exists until he wanders back in the bathroom...ah yes the life of
a hound :) We just wanted to write in and send our drool to all those
who need it. Watson is trying out a new good-life recipe bone today
and instead of eating it he just carries it around, barks at it
occasionally and buries it under the couch cushions while creating
immense amounts of drool. I guess he must have seen that there are
plenty of hounds in need of his drool, so he is doing all he can.

We're settling in (sort of) to our new routine....still working out
the kinks I guess. Last night Watson and I got home from our hour long
walk and immediately after walking the door, Watson spotted the cat in
the kitchen. I had no chance to catch him before he took off after the
poor cat who tried to retreat to the stairs. The cat got to the steps
but couldn't make it over the baby gate. Poor thing kept jumping and
hitting the gate...so i finally caught up to those two and picked up
the frantic cat and put him on the other side of the gate. I was so
mad at Watson that he went outside for a timeout. I poured a glass of
wine and calmed my pulse down. Ugh - I just wish he would leave that
cat alone. I really think he just wants to sniff the cat and maybe see
if it squeaks like a chew toy. However, the cat is not interested at
all in any sort of close contact of any kind. Thus, life around here
is, as always, entertaining and full of activity.

Anyways, as our posts are always lengthy, we'll switch it up a bit and
say goodbye for now droolers. Everyone get better and for those with
broken hearts for departed houndies, we send you snooters and special
belly rubs to heal your hearts.

Love,
Katie and Watson (MOM! there is a bear in the bathroom and he's stolen
the toilet paper! come quick!)