[Dailydrool] names etc on collars

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 19:27:28 PDT 2008

"names on the collars is just too much advertisment to me."

My thinking is that if a person is close enough to read the tags, and they have unsavory intentions...well they've already gotten close enough~ doesn't matter that the tags give the name. Also a lot of the time it really doesn't matter what you call the basset...if they use that "come here sweetie I've got cookies sing-song voice"- I'd bet most hearing bassets would follow anyone pretty darn quick!
Better off having at the very least your contact phone number on the tag to help her find her way home. A basset WITH a collar but no ID might just be figured as 'nobody's' - and less likely to get reunited with its people.
droolies, Angelika