[Dailydrool] A little drool for Utah Friends of Basset Hounds?

Jennifer Kleinschmidt jennifer at jenniferkleinschmidt.com
Tue Sep 16 23:08:09 PDT 2008

I haven't posted in a LONG time.  UFBH has been so crazy and I was laid off
from my job so I quickly became about a month behind on my drools.  I'm not
sure that even qualifies as lurker status!

I wondered if all you good folks out there might send a bit of drool to
Utah?  We've got so MANY hounds...37 in our little rescue.  And, we've had
one emergency after another...little Ricki (5.5 months old) came to us with
Parvo-a weekend ER stay at $500, Lucy (2 years old) came to us on the verge
of full blown pneumonia- one ER visit- I don't have her bill yet, Toby
(almost 2 years...Marilyn asked you for advice on him on UFBH behalf) needs
a TPLO at approximately $2200; and I just spent 4 hours at the ER with our
sweet Buster (6.5 years old)...we don't even know what's wrong with him!
His heart stopped once today already, but the vet was able to revive him.
We transferred Buster to the ER and we are very worried he won't make it
through the night.  The last thought the ER vet had was perhaps he has
Addison's disease.  If he has Addison's, that would be the second hound in
UFBH's care who has Addison's!  It's an expensive prospect on it's own what
with the monthly injections and the daily prednisone!

I realize the economy has many of us watching our money (being laid off
makes me very aware of that fact), so if all you can spare is some drool,
we'd be very grateful.  But, if you've got a little to share in your wallet,
PLEASE consider a donation to UFBH?  We are really in a tight spot.
(Donations can be made by clicking on the piggy bank on our home page-
www.ufbh.org.)

I'll try to update you as I can on Buster.  Please cross your paws?  If you
are interested in seeing his picture check out this link
(http://www.ufbh.org/ASM/695.jpg).

And, here's the rest of our ER crew:

Toby (http://www.ufbh.org/ASM/739.jpg)
Lucy (http://www.ufbh.org/Temp/Lucy205-web.jpg)
Ricki (http://www.ufbh.org/Temp/Ricki203-2-web.jpg)

Thanks for thinking of us!

Jennifer

Jennifer Kleinschmidt
President, Intake Coordinator
Utah Friends of Basset Hounds
1338 S. Foothill Drive #172
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
www.utahbassethoundrescue.com

Helping Rescued Bassets Find Forever Homes