[Dailydrool] Jobs, and drool, and such

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 16 23:14:55 PDT 2008

Paddi B Basset is in drool production for all who are sick, human, hound and otherwise.

I'm not sure what her job would be but it would be something in management. She's recently outsourced part of her watchdog duties (which I had not considered onerous). In a less enlightened age, she would howl when she heard a car coming up the driveway, then jump up and rush to the door, wagging and barking (both rather tentatively -- can't be sure which is required until you know who it is after all!)

Now she has advanced the system. She howls, and looks pointedly at me. It's now my task to get up and see who has arrived -- she maintains her position in the armchair.

She would also be willing to except a job as a cat trainer... she specializes in raising their heart rates and ensuring their physical fitness by flinging herself across the living room at them. They all know she won't hurt them, but this doesn't prevent them from running. (I know they're not worried because they do swat her from time to time, but they never put their claws out!)

Mary
official driveway checker for
Paddi B Basset