[Dailydrool] Basset Jobs

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 08:24:45 PDT 2008

Schroeder's main job is chief inspector.  Every morning he inspects the entire yard before he will come in to eat.  No person can come into the house until they are inspected.  No bag, piece of mail, garbage, article of clothing, food, treat, etc, etc.  can go with out inspection.

Last Sunday I was grating cheddar cheese and I usually give the end chunks to the dogs.  This was his first experience with it. As a good slave, I walked it over to the couch so his royal highness would not have move off the pillow.  I stuck it in his mouth, he spit it out on the pillow and did a full inspection of the cheese before determining if it was acceptable to eat.  Then proceeded to chew very slowly and methodically.  Meanwhile, my boxer girls were already producing a second round of drool for another piece of cheese.   LOL

We send out lots of love and drool for all in need and apologize for not being able to keep up with our drools over the last few weeks.

Annette, Schroeder, Maya & Cassie