[Dailydrool] Doheny is out of surgery

Kahuna and Friends surferdogs at comcast.net
Wed Sep 17 15:36:21 PDT 2008

Doheny is out of surgery. They took the stone out of the ureter - right at
the level of the kidney. More like a boulder. It was about 2 cm x .75 cm.
The bladder stones were small and flushed out.The liver is terrible - I saw
the biopsy segment. It is 3-4 times normal size and nodular. They did a
smear and saw only lymphocytes, no liver parenchyma. It is possibly lymphoma
 but we won't know until the results come in. She also had a feeding tube
placed. At the end, she started to bleed and dropped her blood pressure.
They started her on dopamine and gave her a transfusion. We don't know if
the liver will start working again, or if it has just stopped and she will
continue to bleed and get deteriorate. She will get a hematocrit tonight and
more labs in the morning and we will see what happens. I'm am going back
soon to sit with her.

Synthia

The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life. ~Albert Einstein