[Dailydrool] Howie my protector

Diane Fenton dfenton at ptd.net
Wed Sep 17 17:47:19 PDT 2008

I've been out of touch for a while so first I need to send drool and
hugs to all those that need it.  I've been catching up and the tears
have been flowing for all those that have lost their beautiful houndies.

To all of you that are not familiar with our little family, we are the
slaves to a wonderful basset (Howie) who is about 15 months old in
addition we rescued a beagle (Fudge) who is about 2 and was mistreated
by his previous owners.  We've had him about 3 months now and we love
him.  I happen to travel a lot with work (meaning away from Mon - Thurs)
and my hubby works from home, so needless to say Fudge has become
totally attached to him as is Howie.  Fudge is very sweet and loves his
belly rubs probably more then Howie, however he has these moments in
which we refer to him as "Dr Jekyl and Mr. Fudge".  When Mr. Fudge
usually makes an appearance when he is awoken out of a sleep or he hears
me coming down the hall and doesn't realize who I am.  He then comes at
Me barking and barking and barking.  My wonderful Howie runs to my
rescue and steps in front of "Mr. Fudge" and starts trying to show "Mr.
Fudge" that I am the momslave.  Mr. Fudge disappears and realizes who I
am and comes crying to me to say he is sorry and is well.  My little
Howie is my hero!  I love bassets!  I bet people don't realize how brave
and smart bassets are, they are the best! By the way we are going to an
animal behaviorist to try to get help in dealing with Fudge's issues.

Drool and hugs,
Diane (Momslave to Howie and Fudge)
Howie (da berry bave basset)
Fudge (da confuzed beagle)