[Dailydrool] Tricolor bups in Humphrey's Hush Puppies Ad

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 07:45:18 PDT 2008

Hi CBLady,

Thanks, we're pretty proud of Humphrey's acting, too. He was 4.5
months old at the time. They brought him into the studio where they
were shooting video and he ran around on the syke (a solid-colored
floor and backdrop, in this case, white) with the models. They called
a wrap on Humphrey and cleared the set, but he had other things in
mind. He ran straight back onto the syke and sat down right in front
of the camera. Everyone rushed back to their positions and they filmed
Humphrey as he stared deeply into the lens. You can see the result in
the commercial: Humphrey's face, in a tight close up, wipes across the
screen. He knew what shot they needed, I guess.

But anyway, to answer your question, the tricolor pup was a little guy
named Mikey. He was there with 2 of his brothers, Slick and...I forget
the third pup's name. They were with their breeder, from PA. Mikey,
Slick, and Brother #3 were about 8 weeks old. I don't know if he's
still called Mikey, I know at least 2 of the pups were going to
forever homes after the shoot.

Hope that helps!

We send lots of drool to all in need.

- Rebecca, Humphrey & Professor Bix, who would like everyone to know
he's in a Woody Allen movie.