[Dailydrool] Plea for Help for 2 Basset girls

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 18 16:25:53 PDT 2008

A little while ago there were two basset girls whose sick owner needed to get them into rescue.  I was not involved as I knew Bluegrass Basset Rescue could not help them as we have no place to put any dogs.  People just don't step up to foster down here.  We have 3 active foster homes and none in the cities where the majority of dogs come from.

Anyway, the girls' plight was supposedly solved, but apparently it was quite convoluted and they are in danger now.  The girl who has them now emailed this to me when I explained why we could not take them into this rescue [nowhere to PUT them--kennel space is $6 per day per dog and we have no $$ for this]:

"Well I understand. I am just confused because I realize that this woman turned down some rescues taking her dogs (which I  didn't know until after the fact), but she didn't  turn them down to give the dogs to me. She was actually  trying to sell the dogs, and after someone went out there to  buy them they told her that no one would buy the dogs (in  the condition they were in) and she needed to get them into  a rescue. A rescue in my hometown called me because they  know that I have contacts with other rescues at the other  end of the state from where this woman lived, and I called  one of them to see if they would take them. I had no idea  the condition or that she had turned down other rescues  until I got there. It was so horrifying that animal control
 really and truely should have interviened. I brought the  dogs to bowling green to go to the rescue but the rescue is  ultimatly ran by the shelter and the shelter decided that  they were going to put them down. So I of course said no
 because the reasons I felt were the wrong reasons and so  that is why I am in the situation I am in.   I just felt that the most important thing was to rescue these dogs from the horrible situation they were in. I thought I had a guaranteed place for them to go, but that
 was taken away after I got them down here. "

If ANYONE out there can help us save these two girls, please email me.  We have no funds since the last 3 bassets we've picked up were HW+.  Both girls are in heat right now, and one is HW+  One's name is Kristie and one is Joyful.

The Soldier Daddy is now due to redeploy in November instead of December, and with dogs just not getting adopted down here, I cannot bring them here for fear I will have a dozen when he comes home to get peace and quiet after a year+ in Iraq.

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 6
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper, Liam, Poppi, Danica, MoMo and Ginger
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!