[Dailydrool] Pathology results are back...

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:58:58 PDT 2008

And the drool worked!! The smaller bump on Joey's hind end is a
histiocytoma, just as we suspected, and the deep, nasty one the vet was
worried about turned out to be a granuloma! He said it took a long time as
they don't know what caused it, or how it got where it did (under the skin,
and rather deep according to our vet), but he said that's what findings
difinatively said it was, and he thinks that at the other vet's office the
cyst they aspirated could've punctured too far or ruptured it, and the
granuloma formed around it. So, aside from the medical mystery about how it
got where it did, and why it looked so bad, it was labled as "currative"
which our vet said means that he got it all with clean margins, and
therefore nothing life threatening!! (I've been calling the vets office
regualarly about the biopsy results, as I was worried, especially when Joey
started bleeding out of his stitches last weekend, and I think they only
called me now to shut me up!)

So, Joey & I thank everyone for all the drool and good wishes, they worked!
And the boys are sending pig ear drool to those who need it, especially
Doheny, time to amaze those vets with some good news! And poor Georgia
Catlett!

Joey wants me to add that he'll be at the waddle, and stitches free, so he
maybe able to participate in more activities!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Waddling for Rescue: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473