[Dailydrool] Getting ready

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 05:50:14 PDT 2008

I'm going soon to see Doheny. I was told the first thing the surgeon did yesterday was run to look at her and gasp "She's still alive!" He was not optimistic, and I'm told he is generally very positive.

I'm washing some belly bands in hot water now so I can use them to cover her PEG and keep the other dogs from investigating. I think she will keep them away as well - she always has, unless she wants them around. I'll see what the feeding plan is and how soon I can start Milk Thistle. I'm not going to worry about the bladder stones. Even if they recur, that's the least of our worries now. We need to get what function we can back from that liver. She is still VERY yellow, and no real idea if the liver enzymes are trending back down yet.

Whatever the outcome, a few cuddles at home will be good for all of us.

Synthia