[Dailydrool] Thank you all so very much

Amy Rapp arennerf at insight.rr.com
Fri Sep 19 06:35:30 PDT 2008

Hi droolers.

My heart fills with emotion each time I go to the mailbox these
days.   Ever since I put out my lonely plea for some drool last month  I
have gotten cards and letters, both here and at the hotel, daily.   E-mails
from people who took the time to write and to show me some affection,  and
then Wednesday I came home to find a beautiful floral arrangement waiting
for me courtesy of Cathi and the Waterway Gang.  (Mo the C at t says "mmmm
baby's breath....thanks!")

Long after everyone else has stopped asking about me, or checking in on
me,  I get a little note from someone,  or the best basset stories,  or the
funniest pictures to brighten my day.   I got a photo from DDrop....Two
not-so-happy bassets wearing pink and white Easter Bunny Ears,  the looks
on their faces  had me laughing so hard.  Actually I was still in the
hospital when I opened that one,  and the laughing really hurt,  but I
couldn't stop,  ended up having to get pain meds.......now THAT, ladies and
gentlemen, is laughing.

My recovery has been slow,  and unfortunately,  I've begun to have episodes
of intense pain again.  It is not constant, like before, but it is
incapacitating.  This started yesterday,  so I'm hoping that it is just
part of the healing process.  The surgery has about a 75-80% success
rate,  and because not much is known about this disorder I have,  there
isn't a whole lot of treatment out there for me, other than what I've done.

I also developed a seroma,  basically the incision re-opened, on Sunday
night.  Thankfully that has almost healed itself.

At any rate,  I wanted to thank you all so much,  for your kindness,
generosity and concern,  what a phenomenal group of people we have here.

I'm hoping to be well enough to go to Ohio Basset Rescue's Waddle in
October.  If anyone is going,  I'm hoping to bring the family and
Banjo  (He's such a sweet boy,  he and Carmen follow me around all day long
too.... guess I WAS missed)

Amy Rapp
Precious Beginnings Diapers-n-Things
www.preciousbeginningsdiapersnthings.com