[Dailydrool] Houston, we have ignition!

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:21:23 PDT 2008

I figured the Drool was the only group of people that I could share this small, but spectacular accomplishment with. . .

FRANNY KNOWS HER NAME!!!!!

After 6 months with us, our little rescue girl now responds to her name and (almost) comes when called. It happened the other day when I was making dinner and she was drinking her water a little too enthusiastically. I said "Franny, take it easy on the water" and she stopped in mid-drink to look up at me with water streaming (not dripping) onto the kitchen floor. What a sight! I just stared at her and assumed it was a fluke. But then, the next morning she came downstairs when called! Holy cow!

*

It's always good to remember on those days where you are completely frazzled with your adorable hound, that the little things are what it's all about. I explained this recently to two couples who are good friends of my husband and I. They are all dog lovers, but their dogs are highly trained (show dogs and field-trial champs). We were having coffee together and they were complaining about the dogs misbehaving in the show ring and not tracking properly. I stopped them in mid-discussion to let them know that a good day in my house is when no one pees on the rug. It's all about perspective!

*

Sending more drool to Doheny and family!
We send sad arrhooos to Miss Angelika and Bill on their loss of their Catlett Georgia.

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert, Maggie and Franny