[Dailydrool] Doheny ATB 9/19/08

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 08:37:39 PDT 2008

My baby girl isn't coming home. The swelling on her side and belly was blood. She was very bruised this morning and oozing around the PEG. The ascites was worse, albumin 0.8 this morning. The PT was 24, bili 9.6, and WBC 31,000. She was breathing very hard with little interest in going out.

We went outside and she walked a little, but was very weak and unstable. The vet set up a blanket under a tree, in the grass, and we enjoyed some time in the sunshine. Doheny didn't move or respond to much once we were settled. She was ready. The vet gave the injection out there under the tree and cried with me.

She was still so beautiful and bunny soft. Now she can run free and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge.

I love you Pretty Girl!

Synthia