[Dailydrool] It has been a week and a day

Marti Gregor marti at thesewandsews.com
Fri Sep 19 08:38:55 PDT 2008

The longest week I have spent.........
 I hear her  and see her . All habit I am sure.
 Most of all I miss her.
 But I know she is with my mother- her grandma and with Heide Louise.
And she is not in any pain anymore.
 She was Basset Beardie and I have to tell  you - the best of both breeds.
What a dog! She smiled - she was always taking care of business!( that was
the herd dog part of her)
 She came and told me when the other dogs had to go out. She watched the
babies, if no one was in the room with them. Lovey was laying right by
them.The  bigger grandkids she would lay on the sofa  while they watched TV.
She watched them until an adult came in. Then she would leave to find
another job!
 She took the garbage out each Sunday night - up and down the driveway to
the curb OH so proud..  And everyday to the trash can outside.
 She taught Maisie May how not to be as frightened by demonstrating our
games of "scare the dog" and "find the dog." Maisie soon learned to have fun
playing.
 She woke Papa up everyday at the same time- she was insistent- it was her
JOB.
She woke me up first everyday at 5:30 or 5:45. I never set and alarm. And
this past week i haven't gotten up on time once..............
 Lovey never knew a stranger. She LOVED everyone.
 Lovey knew how to blend and be where she was needed - when she was needed.
What a Dog.  Her jobs are to many to list-all self appointed! And she did
them like clockwork.
If ever there was a perfect dog- it was our Lovey Lu.

The memories of her are abundant. The Void she has left is mammoth. The
friendship we shared is once in a lifetime.
 I wonder if she knows we still need her!
 But we have great memories and for that we are forever grateful.

 Thank you all  for the many many condolences we received. They truly
helped.
 We  are sending healing thoughts to those who  need it and warm hugs to
those who need hugs.

 Our hearts are still sad...........................
 Marti- Den- Lady Belle and Maisie May
THE SEW and SEWS
Custom Machine Embroidery
  We give discounts to Animal Rescue..
         <http://www.thesewandsews.com/> www.thesewandsews.com

"_You have gone ahead and nothing is the same, leaving paw prints on my
heart that will always remain."
-- Tibetan Proverb -