[Dailydrool] Dedication to Foster MOMs!

carolynmitchell at ns.sympatico.ca carolynmitchell at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 21 10:00:22 PDT 2008

I just wanted to send this to everyone of you foster moms and dads out there that give their time and love to so many homeless babies. There should be a holiday Foster Mom and dads
huge hugs,

Carolyn

mom to LiL Miss brat Halo
Rex aka Lil Foot

There is a knock at the door,
A rescue lady cries I know room for no more.
I get to look into the kindest face,
The sweet lady says here their will always be a place.
I felt so unloved and wanted to be let be,
I heard the rescue lady say here you will be free.
What do you mean their are bones and toys?,
What do you mean children want to play with me? OH BOY!!!
Where I came from I was tied to a post,
The only friends I saw were ants and the odd cat at the most.
Warm blanket and a house for me,
You actually mean if I am good? I can roam free.
What is this place you call a home?,
What is this place where all dogs happily roam?.
Did someone say a tummy rub,
Excuse me I must be dreaming you did say good grub.
Someone pinch me I must be in a dream state,
No one gets it this good when they are awake.
I came in the door so dirty and unloved,
This lady you call foster mom put me in the tub.
When I was clean she said now roam free,
This house is built for people and doggies.
So I slowly got up on the couch,
I cowered a moment and no one hit me no ouch.
This foster mom she is just amazes me,
She lets me go everywhere and let me be.
Do you mind if I cuddle up next to you?,
I will give you a tummy rub when I am done kissing you.
Ok what happened why am I so loved?,
Who is this Angel from heaven above?
You say that their are others with just as big hearts,
Pass the word around, that is a big start.
If I could do anything for rescue you see,
It would be ask you to help others just like me.
Pass on the word, Foster moms really do care,
They are in every town, they are everywhere.
They give you love and ask nothing in its place,
Just a big smoochy kiss and to her every dogggie is a special case.
Most foster moms have many and always have room for love,
They are the angels straight from  heaven above.
For not many can do the job that she does,
Its hard to be an angel straight from above.
So please if you do nothing please pass on the word,
Please pass on the message about the foster moms you just heard.
That their are people in this world that reaaly do care,
They are like my foster mom and they are everywhere.

Carolyn Mitchell  Dec. 29,2003