[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 24, Issue 18

Loricpht1130 at aol.com Loricpht1130 at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 19:40:19 PDT 2008

I have been reading about so many babies going to the Bridge. I  have cried a
lot of tears for all of you that had to let go. I knew how you  felt because
four months ago I had to let my sweet Bert go just short of his  12th
birthday. Bert left behind his friend Buddy. I adopted two rescue babies  thinking
Buddy might not miss Bert as much,you see they had been pals  for  almost ten
years.

Today Buddy was up and about, ate his breakfast, went to screen  porch to be
with other two. I was on the porch petting and loving them around  12:30.
Buddy just seem to be so happy. His eyes looked as if he were smiling at  me.

we got ready to go to bookstore and could not find Buddy. I was  sure he
"sunbathing " as he so loved to do, but he was not. I found him in the  bushes and
he was breathing so hard. Somehow I knew he was leaving me. I tried  make him
comfortable but could not get him inside. I put his quilt under his  head and
in less than thirty minutes he was gone.

We drove to our vet to leave him to be cremated as we had done his  Pal Bert.
They came out with a stretcher and got him and put a blanket over him.  Now I
have lost two best friends in four months. They had been though so much  with
me, Moving, divorce, remarriage and they always adjusted and were always
there for me.

I am very luck in someway I have two rescues  who need a lot  of love and
attention and Buddy is happy cause I know Bert was waiting for  him.

Love your babies every chance you get cause we are only loaned them  for
awhile.