[Dailydrool] Allergy or Eye Infection

Brewer, Bunny (Lorraine B.) CIV NAVAIR Lorraine.Brewer at navy.mil
Mon Sep 22 07:34:40 PDT 2008

Brewster Beanie has had eye drainage for some time.  It actually gets
crusty and both eyes need to be wiped at least daily. One eye seems to
get worse then the other.  I think he does have that 3rd eye lid
condition.   I finally made a vet appointment.  This morning his eyes
are better then they have been for some time. Should I hold off going to
the vet?  Brewster and his Golden Retriever brother Jake are outside
most of the day, could it be allergies that he has been dealing with?
Please don't feel sorry for them being outside during the day.  Brewster
& Jake have a beautiful screen in brick porch with a doggie access door
to a secure fenced in yard, lots of water, soft doggie beds, ceiling
fans for added comfort and a beautiful view on top of a hill over
looking a farm.  They of course stay inside during the cold  winter
months.   But getting back to the question, do you think its allergies
and if so what medicines are suggested?  Thanks,  Bunny and Brewster
Beanie