[Dailydrool] Advice, Please!!!

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Tue Sep 23 07:44:52 PDT 2008

Hi fellow droolers!!  I have a question I'm sure someone out there has
dealt with before, and I would love to hear what worked for you... My
two bassets are really bad about jumping up on people who come to the
house...but it's not just at the front door, they do it when they are
excited, when they want your attention, when you're trying to walk
sometimes...and it's really becoming a pain in the hind-end!!!  As much
joy as I get when I see them at the end of the day, I almost cringe when
I think of the thundering herd that will come charging at me at full
speed and jump up on me until I almost trip and fall down.  I've tried
the knee in the chest to gently push them down, but then the other one
jumps up, and they outnumber me!!  Ha ha  I just wonder if anyone has
some tips or training advice on how I can get them to stop rushing the
door when a visitor arrives, stop jumping on all of us and our guests,
etc.   They are both really smart, and I know that it wouldn't take much
to get them to understand, but I just don't know what to do to get the
point across.  HELP!  Thanks!!!  We'z sendin da Drool to all what needs
it!!

Jessica L. Sutton

Momma to Diva & Sophie - the wild women!!