[Dailydrool] In the doghouse

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Wed Sep 24 07:49:23 PDT 2008

I got up early this morning and baked a cake for Belvedere's birthday--actually I put the batter in a heart-shaped muffin/cupcake pan, so each hound could have a personal cake. The howling, since I took the cakes out of the oven has been amazing! Because they were a little large for hound mouths, I cut each cake in half. When they cooled, we sang "Happy Birthday" and each hound got a piece.

Boy, am I in the doghouse. Either they know just how big those muffins should be or they just liked the cake so much, they just want  more.  They chomped down their treat and then complained it wasn't enough. Was I holding out on them? They could smell more of the tempting morsels on top of the stove.

We even sang "Happy Birthday" to Jane, since she did not get a cake for her birthday--in June I was feeling too lousy, before my surgery. But none of that made me more loved.

I live in the doghouse because I did something nice for the hounds. Who rules around here?

But Happy Birthday, Bel, anyway.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets