[Dailydrool] Nudge Visits the Exclusive Spa in Western PA Day #3

Pat Dill padill at starband.net
Thu Sep 25 03:33:56 PDT 2008

To My Drooling Friends,

The relaxing spa life has resumed after yesterday's exhausting time with the
Cleaning Lady.

Despite the early breakfast time of 4:30, I enjoyed my morning meal.  I have
decided that I like cantaloupe, which the other houndies seem also to
consume with gusto.

After the slaves went to work, I decided my morning activity should be a
long nap on one of the many custom basset beds throughout the facility.  I
counted, and there are nine altogether, even though there are only five
houndies here at the spa.  The sheslaves always referred to Dearly Departed
Cuzin Hugh as a "bed slut" because he would move from bed to bed, trying
them all out, even waiting for one to be vacated so he could move to it
while it was still warm.  I prefer to look at it more from the Goldilocks
perspective.  I try them all out, finding one too hard, one too soft, until
finally I find the one that is "just right."

One pawticularly nice bed is referred to as "the drawer."  The Drawer came
to the Western PA spa by way of Benji, a foster-turned-keeper from many
years ago.  His person had to go to a nursing home, but when Benji came to
live with Pat and Carol the bed crafted from an enormous bureau drawer came
with him.  It has drawer pulls on the bottom for feet, and there is a big
cut-out in the front so a basset can climb in without a struggle.  Inside
the nice wooden box is a big comfy bed, and sleeping in the drawer has a way
of making a houndie feel all enclosed and safe.  I selected The Drawer and
had a lovely nap there.

Twice during the day special spa attendants from next door stop by in order
to give us houndies our requisite potty break and to attend to our every
need.  Tina and her mom Evelyn feed us treats and guide us to the yard to do
our business.  I like to wander and smell the grass.  Hurrying is not in my
nature, but they don't seem to mind.  They also give lovely pets.

Before I know it, the sheslaves are home, and it doesn't take a basset long
to know that the Return Home equates to Suppertime!  I am a picky eater, but
apparently the slaves here have been advised of my preferences because so
far every meal has included something which I enjoy.  Shhhh!  Do not tell my
full-time slaves that I am eating every meal, or they will come to expect
it!

Am hoping for something more exciting for tomorrow, although all this good
food, fresh air, and quality nap time is making me quite relaxed.

Zzzzzzzzz.  Nudge.