[Dailydrool] Sleep walking Basset?

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 16:23:57 PDT 2008

Dear Droolers and real Droolers ( the dogs)
It was 2am , dark with the moon mostly under clouds last night. and  cold. i
woke up to use the bathroom, climbed back in bed and then heard some  tail
thumping and whimpering from the kitchen. WHAT? Daisy never does this. i  laid
there to be sure i heard it. i did.

i got up, went out, said, "What is wrong with you? do you have to go  potty?"
thump thump... ok. i let her out in the dark back yard, i went to the  garage
to get a smoke as long as i had to be out there. i had on the robe she  sees
every night. fine. i settled in a chair on the patio, watching her.

she was out about ten feet from me when she suddenly dropped her ears
waaayyy down, went into a cougar crouch and then from her throat came the most  god
awful deep rumbling growl!  my mind flashed " rabies? no , she has her
shots". is someone behind me? no, i looked. the growling continued as she inched
her way forward across the lawn, looking right at me. i was so startled i
finally said " what the HELL is wrong with you?"  the cat crouch  straightened. she
peered at me again, then she went wiggly and silly, so ashamed  of herself.
well i guess SO!

my daughter said she was sleep walking. NOT. she just isn't used to the  dark
and obviously isnt afraid of it, she makes her SELF scary!  well, just  wait
til the next time she wants a 2am potty call. riiighhhtttt.  spooked  the heck
out of me. i had no idea she could even make a sound like that!   she is
nearly 8 months old. hope i live to see her be 9 months.
Sue/Daisy/Colorado