[Dailydrool] Nudge Visits the Exclusive Spa in Western PA Day #4

Pat Dill padill at starband.net
Fri Sep 26 03:32:29 PDT 2008

Dear Droolers,

Why didn't anyone tell me that the pool isn't open year round here?  I
figured when I came to a spa that swimming was always an option!  As you all
know from my "coolest hound" winning at the BROOD picnic that I LOVE a good
swimming pool.  And the vacation slaves have an inviting 30-foot-diameter
pool with a heater and everything.  Imagine my dismay when I padded out
yesterday afternoon with my Hush Puppy beach towel to discover that it had
been CLOSED FOR THE SEASON just hours earlier!  What's a guy to do?  The
bathtub isn't big enough.  I am most disappointed, and I nearly asked for my
moolah back, but I was told that if I made reservations now that I could
come back in the late spring when the pool reopens and that I would be
eligible for a discounted rate.

That assurance, along with some cookies, made me feel better, but I had to
take a consolation nap on the tall orthopedic bed that Bailey usually sleeps
on.

I can't believe that it is Thursday already, and I will have to leave to
return to my full-time slaves on Saturday.  Still, that leaves me two whole
days!  What will it be today?  A trip to see the Amish (who I have been
assured do NOT run puppy mills in this area)?  A visit to the bowling
alley/restaurant where they serve those yummy salads with French fries on
top?  Maybe I will go visit Evelyn and Tina, my daytime spa attendants, at
their house.  I heard that they have poodles and a golden retriever; pawhaps
they need to see how much a handsome basset dresses up the environs there.

On the other paw, that bed over there looks AWFULLY inviting.  Well, pawhaps
I will plan an adventure for later, after a brief nap.  There's something
about these 4:30 AM wakeup calls that make a nap sound pretty good.

Until later, my friends.

Nudgie