[Dailydrool] last night

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 05:09:58 PDT 2008

I don't know if the Drool is down,if everyone quit, or I have just been
removed from the list, or EVERYONE watched the debates, which I seriously
doubt. I did and am still waiting to be impressed by someone.
Late last night, about 9 (that's not very late) the boys were outside. I
heard them barking, then they stopped. Then slowly, the scent of
skunk...really powerful... I went flying out the door and called-- no
dogs.Bad sign. I yelled TREATS and they came thundering. The skunk smell was
so strong, I could not tell if they had been sprayed or not. I brought them
in and called John. We determined they had NOT been sprayed, but the smell
was just terribly strong. Beyond the usual.

Ok. About a half hour later the Basset Alarm went off, full force. I saw a
car parked in front and saw a person dashing in front of the window calling
myname (when the BA goes off I cannot hear knocking, the doorbell, anything)

The woman in back of me, Katie, has a Border collie. Orrie. Orrie, who is a
real problem child even among a breed known for being easily bored and a
bit....ah......crazy smart, had caught the skunk. He was now foaming at the
mouth and gagging. Yup, about what I would expect. She wanted an antidote. I
said-- let him barf, but here's a bottle of eye irrigation . I FORGOT to ask
if the skunk was dead or if it got away so now I do not know if there is a
wounded or perhaps dead skunk that crawled under the fence into the "Jungle"
portion of my yard. Luckily I have to work and John is downtown so that the
dogs will be inside during the day. So at least I don't have to worry right
now (I have been going out with them and keeping them away from the
"jungle".  This evening I will have to put on my boots and go back there and
check it out.

Also Orrie is DUE for his RV. I wish I had asked about the skunk. If it's
dead, they should really call the health dept and have the body picked upso
itcan be tested, altho since it was at night and the dog attacked it, it
probably was ok, just in the wrong (or right) yard.

Certainly got my BP up!
Life is rarely dull.

MomPerson to a non-stinky Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper