[Dailydrool] Foster Failure (Again!!)

Jane & Marty Hay jhay at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 27 09:47:31 PDT 2008

We are very lucky and foster for CBHR when they have a dog that might get along with our Jersey, so Darcy came to live with us a couple of weeks ago. We immediately fell totally in love with her and so did the rest of the Houndettes (even Jersey likes her!), especially Suzy. She and Suzy just play till they drop, sleep together, grumble at each other like sisters and have completely bonded with each other. These two puppies haven't stopped smiling since Darcy got here and neither have we so we're making it official. Darcy will now be known as Ginger and has found her forever home. We feel so unbelievably fortunate to have found another wonderful Houndette to complete (and I do mean we're done!!) our pack. We also feel grateful to have found Carolina Basset Hound Rescue and have the honor of being allowed to help save a few of these wonderful hounds. If you're not sure if you can handle another hound but would like to try, volunteer to foster for the basset rescue in your area. It's a great way to test yourself and find out if another hound is for you and a wonderful gift of life to a hound that may otherwise not survive. Of course, just be prepared to lose your heart again and end up being a proud foster failure!

Jane, Marty & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger