[Dailydrool] The Basset Hound

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Sat Sep 27 12:42:02 PDT 2008

I just read the letter that came with the info on the Basset Hound statue that Danbury Mint is offering and was pleasingly surprised to find their description of our favorite breed, not only more accurate than most but one that I liked so I decided to share it with all of you.

"Intelligent, energetic and naturally curious, Basset Hounds (spelled correctly!) are exceptional family pets and a pure delight to own. Extremely loyal, these gentle and affectionate canines are devoted companions who just love to be at their master's side. It's little wonder that they are one of the most popular breeds in the United States today."

Wow, who wouldn't fall in love with a dog like that?

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets
Caldwell, Idaho