[Dailydrool] jumping happy dogs

Donna Mitchell dmitchell1065 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 15:53:44 PDT 2008

Sohie and Diva behave how Daisy and Lilly behave!  They charge! And howl!
And bark! AND JUMP!

This behavior doesn't bother DH, but I find it particularly troublesome!  DH
gets all excited when the girls

Greet him this way.  He is done work, empty handed, dirty from a day's work,
and ready to take them to do dog things.  He gets them in the BUV

And off they go.

When I come home, I have brought home work, carrying a grocery bag, purse,
I am stressed, I have to pee!, need to cook dinner, do laundry, do
dishes..all that stuff.  So a barking, howling jumping dogs do NOTHING for
me.  I generally do not make a big deal about coming home.  After I get the
load of carried items safely stowed, THEN I greet the girls.

This routine has taken about 6 months to perfect, but it does work - well
for us anyways.  We just have two different ways to greet da gurlz - and
they seem to understand!

Good luck!

Donna, slave to

Daisy & Lilly