[Dailydrool] UTI & Cranberries

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 09:11:43 PDT 2008

  Ok, I've always read on the Drool about cranberries and UTI's and I finally tried.  I am now a true believer in their power.

Our Rosie seldom gets "The Pee Pee Squats" as we call them around here, but when she does, she's miserable.  The last two times I took her to the Vet and she was put on a 10 day course of meds that cause some hair loss and ear problems.  So the last time she started her thing of peeing every tenth step, I ran to WalMart and bought "Super Concentrated Cranberry Fruit 3000MG" capsules.  She gets one each morning along with a cleaning with antibacterial wipes, and some diaper rash cream around her "private lady parts", each time she goes out.  After three days (the max I'd wait before taking her to the vet), all symptoms and redness vanished. I now give her one each morning (don't believe it can hurt).

  So, once again, Thanks Droolers, it never ceases to amaze me just how helpful this little family of Basset Lovers is.

Carol & Rosie in Florida