[Dailydrool] And Seamus makes three..

Lisa Beggs lrbeggs at msn.com
Sun Sep 28 15:49:14 PDT 2008

Desperately missing Scarlett and Buddy, we adopted Tank and Bella in June from San Diego Dachshund Resource. They are amazing and fun little dogs, clever and energetic, the kids adore them and they have made the house feel normal again. BUT. Bless their hearts, we (ok ME) still felt something was missing from the family...so I got back in touch with BHRSC, from whom we adopted our sweet Buddy eight years ago. I agreed to 'foster' Bentley until we saw how the dachshunds would accept him. Knowing there are several of you with this combo I wasn't really worried. To make this long story short, I knew after about 3 miles of the way home he was my boy. He stuck his nose in my ear, made me laugh and then attempted to throttle himself climbing into the front seat from the back. Where of course, Tank and Bella were going NUTS in their crates. I grinned like an idiot all the way home.

I thought it would be miserable but there really has not been too much problem. Bella was SO MAD at me for two days, she peed all over the house and refused to come to me, and she still grumps and growls at him. He and Tank are best buddies and play like maniacs, give each other kisses on the nose and sleep together. Tank is definitely the alpha and in charge, and all three are doing wonderfully.

So we went from 0 to 3 in two months and it is perfect.

Best wishes,

Lisa Beggs in Temecula
with Seamus, Tank and Bella
yet still missing Scarlett and Buddy ATB

"The strength of the nation derives from the integrity of the home."
-Confucius