[Dailydrool] Second thoughts about spaying....

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Sep 28 18:14:12 PDT 2008

Hi Debbie,
I know that to feel guilty about putting our furbabies through surgery is normal. I personally looked at it from a Sadie point of view.
I could not imagine putting my Sadie through a heat cycle.  I knew for her it would mean no walkies, no events for her
to be an Am-basset-dor, wearing the dog diaper, no getting on her queen size bed or the furniture,  no free access to the dog
door and the furbabies backyard, and the possibility of some male dog within smelling range "jumping her bones"
for a minimum of 3 weeks twice a year.   All of her favorite things would be taken away.  So at a little over 5 months old, she had
her surgery.  Yes she had pain, but they recover quickly and the big challenge is keeping them quiet for a week.
She is a happy go lucky girl now and never has to worry about the twice yearly "visitor"  She went to Bark in the Park today and had a
blast!  Had she not had her surgery, she would probably been left at home and missed out on all the goodies and loving.
Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang
Ruby Doo, Tucker, Abby, Sadie, Teeka, Gregor, and Cuddles