[Dailydrool] Today's Calendar Hound - Bosley

Kenneth Miller klmiller at rev.net
Mon Sep 29 06:23:03 PDT 2008

Greetings to all

First, Bosley is slinging loads of healing drool for all the sick
hounds and slaves out there, and believe me, Bosley has a ton of drool!

I am a rare poster, because it simply is so hard to keep up with the
Daily Drool, I can only skim things and with work being so busy it is
hard to post anything. Our thoughts and prayers for healing drool for
all slaves and families who have lost beloved hounds recently, the
list is so long. I do feel your pain, the loss of my first hound,
Edsel, now six years ago, still hurts some, but I know he is happy,
healthy and enjoying the rainbow bridge these days, awaiting to be
joined by his family.

Anyway, on to today's calendar boy. Bosley was adopted two years ago
on September 17, two weeks and a day after I got married. Bosley had
kind of a rough life before he came to live with us. His first owner
apparently loved him and took good care of him, but died suddenly
when Bosley was about a year old. After the first owner died, her
sister took him in, I suspect somewhat reluctantly, as she already
had a little dog already, and Bosley did not fit in well, he had to
fight for food.

During this time, apparently Bosley was teased or abused by a man,
possibly an older man. When we went to see him that first afternoon,
he was beautiful, and he galloped right over to me sitting on the
patio, I scratched ears, and I think that was all it took, he was
ready to go home.

He still has some issues, again, I don't really know what happened
over his first two years, but he was aggressive about his food at
first, and has bit my mother and father, not seriously, but enough
several times. It all seems to be related to having his tie out rope
being attached or removed from his collar. He is better now, but,
occasionally still has some issues. He does not like my father (89)
and is very protective of my mother (87). He does not even like my
father to approach while he is sitting with my mother.

Bosley commutes to work every day. I take him to my parents place,
his job is to take care of them. He is always ready to hop in the car
every morning and enjoys his day there, but by the time 5:30 arrives,
he is ready to go back home, his job for the day is done. So my wife
or I pick him up and take him home.

He has now settled into a routine of this, and is doing much better
than when we first got him. He sleeps through the night, usually,
occasionally I have to get up and put him out. He loves both homes,
when we go out and leave him at the house, he is always up on the
back of the couch to watch us leave with his head poked through the
curtains. But he settles down and takes a nap while we are gone, he
never seems to mess in anything while we are gone, only when we are
there and not paying appropriate attention to him!

Anyway, happy calendar day to my big boy, and happy second gotcha day
plus 12!

Ken and Beth with Bosley and Edsel (ATB 9-22-02)