[Dailydrool] a very worried momma

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:24:15 PDT 2008

when our Aeryn (atb) had seizures she was completely silent. In fact
we added a bell to her collar so we would hear her if she seized in
the night. After a seizure she would leap up and run around the house
running into the walls and furniture. It was like someone rebooted her
brain and it took about 20 min for it to go back to remotely normal.
She also usually exhibited ''off'' behavior for up to 24 hours. Her
seizures usually came in groups of 3-4 in a 12 hr period, and she
would be completely exausted afterward. We treated her very
successfully for epilepsy for three years before she left us at age
13. In the end it turns out that she had a brain tumor causing the
seizures, but three different vets have told me that treating the
seizures, exactly as we did, was all we could have done for her
anyway. Things to look for that can indicate a seizure has occoured
are aras where it looks like the dog lost control of his bladder and
or bowls. Also watch for a fever.   Brenda- momslave to copper &
elphaba