[Dailydrool] Mango

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 15:21:21 PDT 2009

Little Mango comes home with me tomorrow morning. I will actually be considered a foster home for the city until the actual 10th day (Sunday) when she can legally be released. I went by to visit her again after work today but didn't get there until after 5 pm and missed everyone - they must have competed the kennel chores early, and with no pick ups went home until they come back at 8 pm for "final call". I did go around the side to the back, caged part of her run. I could see her sleeping on her bed inside and called her. She got up and came over, quiet as a mouse, and leaned against the fence so I could pet her. She had as good of a scratch as I could manage through the chain link. She is looking a bit better. I think the antibiotics are working. She is one two - one for the abscesses and one for the UTI. She has an appt with my vet tomorrow at 7 pm, so we will get blood work, finish her immunizations, and discuss the surgery for her tumors and the prognosis. I'm happy I can get things started for her this week instead of waiting another several days.

I guess we haven't gotten confirmation from the transport about the Saint Arlo, so not sure if I'll get him this weekend or not. I should find out tonight. If not, there is one they will be trying to get to us from a shelter in Manhattan - a 3 year old boy. So I will probably get a Saint this weekend, or soon, but maybe not Arlo.

I do have the photos I took of Mango when I first met her if anyone wants to see them. I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet, but can send them out.

I can't wait to get Mango out of the kennel - even though it's the same one mine stay at, and I know they are caring for her well, I want her to see what it's like to sleep on the couch, or a nice soft bed, and go play in the yard....

Poop drool to Brudder Elwood, and lots more to all those who have lost babies or who need some healing. Mango doesn't mind sharing what we have.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, 14 hrs to Mango and Bodhi coming soon
Ace, Maya, Sage, and a Saint to be named later on his way