[Dailydrool] Prozac

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:17:29 PDT 2009

One of our 'entourage', Phoebe, a nine-year old basset is on Prozac for
severe separation anxiety.  My daughter has worked thru a host of problems
since she  adopted Phoebe from a shelter 3 years ago.  Apparently, Phoebe
was terribly mistreated by a farmer who used her to produce as many puppies
in as short a time as possible.  After working with her and a trainer and
our 4 vets we have gotten her over most of the hurdles but Phoebe can't cope
very well when any of us leave her even though she is very happy to be with
the other dogs. So Prozac was the solution which has helped tremendously.
She's been on that for about 8 months now and we've finally determined the
level she needed was 50 mg once a day in the morning after her meal. The
problem is that it seems that Phoebe either gets diarrhea or a gurgling
tummy or throws up about once or twice a week.  Has anyone else had this
problem with Prozac??

--
Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.