[Dailydrool] Dallas's day at the vet

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 2 15:47:59 PDT 2009

Hi all.

On Wednesdays, I have been meeting friends and their beagles over at the park.  I normally take 5 with me, unless I am feeling a little adventurous.  After I got everyone fed last night,  5 hounds and I went to the park.   Dallas was at home with everyone else.  Once back in the car, I see there is a call from Pat.  I call and she tells me she went ahead and fed everyone since they were all telling her I had not fed them before I left.  SO,  5 get the park trip,  the other got to have 2 dinners.   This is important to Dallas day at the vet.
This morning, I fed everyone as normal,  and afterwards, Dallas is looking like she swallowed a basketball.  Crap, I am thinking bloat, so off we go to the vet.  I dropped her off for observation for the day,  she didn't bloat, Thank DAWG!,   but her belly was very distended.  After x-rays,  the vet called and asked how much she had eaten.  I told him what happened,  but they only get about 1 cup 2x a day,  so she would have had 3c in her since last night.  It didn't seem like that much and he thinks there is more than that in there.  But she is home now,  and is also carrying a few screws and small nail.  She did poop when she came home.  We are going back in the morning for more x-rays to see where all her heavy metal is in her digestive track.  Hopefully it will pass without a problem.
She only had a couple tablespoons of food tonight, per the vet, and will have to miss her morning meal,  but at least she is doing good for right now.
Pat feels pretty bad about being duped by 7 hounds.  I told her hounds have and will continue to dupe anyone they can,  not to take it so hard as even the saviest of hound owners have gone through the shame of being conned by those ones we love so dearly.

Drool to all who are in need,  we have plenty here!

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org
Visit Michael's Bow-wow Boutique on our website!