[Dailydrool] chronic ear infection

Renee Kummerer msbbeabear at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 18:34:43 PDT 2009

Can someone tell me if they have ever used oral antibiotics for a chronic ear infection in an older Basset? She has had two weeks of ear cleanings, drops and some aspirin therapy but one ear is still not right.  For some reason the infected ear is not improving much. I think she needs something internally to knock out the  bacteria.  She has seen the vet and she said she has a yeast and bacteria infection.   She wants to give it a coupld of more days.  If it is not better, she suggests putting her under and flushing the ear.  I am not sure this is the only alternative.  If she is not better in another couple of days, I will get a second opinion.
Renee