[Dailydrool] New art piece in the making. Help please. 100% proceeds to Basset Rescue

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 15:32:37 PDT 2009

Aloha. We're finally settled in our new place, unpacked, and I have a little time on my hands before getting established professionally here. I've had a neat idea ( I think) and would love help.

Many of you have seen my stuff before, when Bo and Harley did their last fundraising effort (lol). My website is www.vlbzwick at yahoo.com  Anyhow, I scored a big shadowbox at Ross Dress for Less, and I'm planning a fabric collage of celebrity basset faces: "Current Characters of the Drool". My idea is to incorporate my usual fabric portraits with neat additional scored artifacts (granny glasses if I can find them; feather boas, leather book covers, etc.). My thought is to do faces of Elwood and Clara, Nigel and Llewis, Miss Angela, (and if I have more room, maybe King Bob, Morse, Cowboy, Evil Annie; I'm not sure how many I'll be able to fit). When I finish the piece, I'll put it up on Houndsbay (I'll need help learning how to do this), with 100% of the proceeds going to the basset rescue of the top bidder's choice.

I've only been a member of the Drool a little over a year, so I apologize in advance that I don't know all of the legends of Feyfey, Pawcasso Blossom, and some of our other famed predecessors.

So, number one, I'd love suggestions from Droolers of whom to include. Second, I need pictures (faces) of the principals to be represented. I have photos of Elwood and Clara, but need photos of the rest. I didn't get my act together in time to order a Drool calendar, so I'm resourceless.  So...I'd love your help.  Again, 100% of the proceeds to the rescue of your choice--I've not a lot of money but I have artistic talent to donate. Mahalo, Val (bassetmom of Bo and Harley of Hawaii).