[Dailydrool] Oswald's quirks

Kathleen Lewis Kathleen.Lewis at Foxsports.net
Fri Apr 3 21:35:52 PDT 2009

Oswald gets really excited whenever someone comes home after he's been
home alone.  He jumps around in a circle and then goes and grabs a sock.
He doesn't chew the sock, but just holds it in his mouth and doesn't
want to let you have it.

Lately he's been trying to eat the long grass when we go on walks.  He
doesn't want to eat the stuff that's the same length as the other grass,
but when there's a little patch of 4 or 5 blades of taller grass, he
thinks it's a treat, but still doesn't eat his own food willingly.  We
have to use vitamin gravy as an incentive on his kibble.

He used to get up on the bed and couch with us, but lately will only get
on our bed if we aren't home.  I come home and he's asleep on the bed,
but we invite him up at bedtime and he just goes to his pillow at the
end of the bed.

If his walk isn't long enough, he'll just stop before we get to the
stoop in front of the door and not budge until he's ready to come in.
He just stands outside the door, staring in until he feels like it's the
right time to move.  If you try to pull him in, the only thing you'll
get accomplished is pulling the harness off.

He rolls onto his back and sometimes will just lay there, but other
times he'll wriggle all around, keeping his back feet together at all
times.  We call that his Stevie Wonder impersonation.

When we get him walking really fast, he often trips over his feet, but
never falls down.

--Kat and Oswald