[Dailydrool] preventic collar & fleas

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 06:56:13 PDT 2009

I debated on the preventic collar before, but then I read the small print
for warnings.  Any dog or human that takes an MAOI inhibitor should not have
the collar used. Also, if the human is diabetic then they need to be careful
about using it on their dogs.  It also cautions against aged, pregnant, etc.
dogs using the collar.
I debated on using the collar on the bassets due to them going up north with
us and my family living in the country with lots of trees and animals, deer,
etc. that come into the yard. We live in the city here, but have a lesser
chance of an animal coming in to our yard.  My neighbors also do not take
care of their dogs as well and one of the poor dogs will itch his hair off
literally and rubbing himself in their dirt yard due to his fleas.  We share
a fence so I am concerned with my hounds "catching" something from the
neighbor dogs.  Maggie got fleas before and it drove her and me nuts.
--
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper