[Dailydrool] vet visit and sad news

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 06:33:29 PDT 2009

I took all 4 hounds in for vet visits today. Maggie got her heartworm test
and weighed in at 56 1/2 pounds which is the most she has ever weighed.
Mazzie received her vaccinations and weighed in at 53 lbs. Mazzie has a
double ear infection, but not redness from it yet in her ears. Just the
start of one which I told him before he even looked at them. The boys
(doxies) went for their heartworm tests too and Oliver weighs 16.4 pounds
and Cooper weighs in at 10.5 pounds. Oliver is at a good weight. He has not
even gained a full pound in a year.  Cooper has gained 3 lbs in 6 months,
but he is a pup still so that is ok. Cooper is still scrawny looking. I am
trying to bulk him up slowly as all of his ribs can be seen and his spine.
The vet also told me to give Mazzie mineral oil on her food (one tablespoon
once a day) to help her have a #2 easier.  She is the one with the fusion in
her back and I told him how she is with her body posture and not holding the
stance long enough. That should help he says. I also asked him about senior
vaccinations for Maggie. He said because they do come in contact with other
dogs, that they do go out in common areas like the park, and that Maggie is
not "old" that he feels she should get her vaccinations, but my choice.
Sad news now---we have a neighbor who adopted through ABC Basset Hound
Rescue in the past had her eldest basset pass away yesterday.  She found out
the day before that she had cancer in her lungs and she was given meds only
to have her pass on her own the next day.  Poor Lucy :( and her fellow K 9
family as well as her 2 legged family. Lucy was a love and I enjoyed seeing
her out for her walks.  I am not sure if her 2 legged Mommy is on the drool
or NY Basset, but we are thinking of her and sending heart healing drool to
her also.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper