[Dailydrool] Basset quirks and some advice

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 10:11:36 PDT 2009

In the discussion of basset quirks, Crackers has always wrapped himself up
in a blanket or quilt even  in 100 degree weather. The odd thing is that in
the past  couple of months,  Elwood- old,
blind and  very inactive- has taken to wrapping himself up in his
blanket/quilt and I don't even know if there is a basset in there as he  is
so thorough.
We are going to the vet but I would appreciate any  input on Cracker's
latest
problem. About 2 months ago, I  was petting him and found a scabby feeling
area about  the size of my palm  in the middle of his back. I let it   be and

then the hair started falling out. He is a broken tri and  interestingly
enough
it is  only the white  hair  that has disappeared. It is not  inflamed but it
feels "greasy" to the touch. I have been washing it with a   clorhexidine
shampoo. He does scratch at it occasionally but  not obsessively.  With the
BW coming
up I am going to get  him checked out but if anyone has some  suggestions,
that
would  be great. Crackers is the sweetest boy, about 6yrs  old and  loves
anyone with food!
Kathy with Elwood,  Crackers, Loki and  SpankyATB and SonnyATB

**************Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE
with TaxACT.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220239440x1201335902/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.taxact.com%2F08tax.asp%3Fsc%3D084102950001%26p%3D82)