[Dailydrool] Drooler Quirks

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sat Apr 4 11:20:34 PDT 2009

I love reading about all the drooler quirks.  So I will share some of the gals quirks.

Abby Gale :After everyone has gone to bed for the night Abby decides
that it is play time and will grab one of the many squeakies, running
throughout the house, squeaking away then throw it around and chase it.
Last night she decided that playtime would be at 1 a.m.!   Telling her it is
bedtime does no good as she has me well trained with her perfected "show
the belly and give the look" trick.

We play for 10-15 minutes and then will curl up on her favorite
spot on the couch, head on a pillow and go soundly asleep for the night.
Of course if I don't wake up she will jump on the bed and wake everyone up.
She has decided that this is our special time.

Sadie Maye -  She is the alarm clock when it comes to meals.  My girls eat at
8 and 8.  Her antics start somewhere around 7:30.  She will come and
sit by me put her head on my chest and stare into my eyes.  I think she is trying
to hypnotize me.  If I ignore her she will put her nose up under my chin and nudge
me gently.  By this time I usually tell her "it is not time yet".  She then sits up and
puts her paw on my arm continuing to give me the "I am starving" look.  When I finally
tell her it is time, she runs to the kitchen and sits by the refrigerator.  Sadie is not about
to miss a meal.

Nelly Belle - My senior rescue girl has come a long way since mid October. She actually has two
quirks.

In the morning after breakfast she loves to sunbathe in the house.  I think the mornings
are still a little cool for her liking.  She positions one of the soft cotton rugs in just the
right spot to catch the sun rays coming through the front door window will take
her morning nap.

Her latest quirk comes after dinner and her business trip in their backyard.  She will
go get in the bed, crawl under the down comforter with her head sticking out and
start her beautiful arhoo until I go in the bedroom.  If I don't go to bed she will come
out, crawl on the couch with me for a little while and voice her displeasure. She will
usually continue to repeat the pattern until I finally give in.  She will then happily
get into bed, nest the comforter just right and use her mouth to pull the blanky over
her.  Of course she lays sideways in the bed with her tushy up against my shoulder.
(Good thing I changed her diet and we have less gas bombs)   I am amazed at how far my
senior gal has come in such a short time.

We send healing drool and prayers to all in need,
Karen and The Dog House Gang