[Dailydrool] Quirks

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:47:28 PDT 2009

When Franny gets really excited (usually when we return home) she has to run and find a toy/stuffed animal that she runs around with like a bucking bronco. She eventually remembers why she's excited and comes over to greet us.

If Franny wants a spot that another living thing is occupying, she will just stare at them. The other two dogs will actually get up and relinquish their spot to her. Me, not so much.

Franny has a serious sweet tooth. She occasionally gets some apple or baby carrots to satisfy her cravings, but she has been known to take matters into her own paws. My husband caught her slinking away with my travel mug gripped tightly in her mouth by the lid. It was filled with hot chocolate.

When Franny gives kisses, she HAS to lick your mouth. Most of our guests find this utterly disgusting.

Maggie can't resist socks. Clean, dirty, it doesn't matter. She's like a moth to the flame. If she sees an innocent sock laying around somewhere she grabs it and runs like the wind.

When Maggie gets really tired, she starts grooming herself like a cat. She will also go to the farthest spot away from us to sleep. I'm surprised she doesn't hang a "Do not disturb" sign on the door when she goes.

Maggie hates to have her collar removed. If you take it off of her, she will nudge at you and harass you until you put it back on. Although, the one time when her collar made a jingling noise (we removed the cover to her tags) she was trying, in a horrible panic, to run away from the noise, but to no avail.

Maggie will do anything for a good rump scratch. She usually meanders over to husband when he's on the couch and sticks her rear up in the air as she throws herself at the couch. It is definitely something to see.

Gilbert is our coonhound, so only an honorary basset. He's our anxiety dog, so there are just too many quirks to list.

Drool to everyone who could use it!

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert (What, who said my name?!), Maggie (Aaaah!!! Where is that jingling coming from?! Wait, you'll scratch my butt? Nevermind about that noise.) and Franny (You WILL give me your spot and all of your candy.)