[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Sat Apr 4 20:11:51 PDT 2009

Hi!

After almost a year,  W. Maggie Mae seems to have licked her antibiotic resistant ear infection.  It was a tough fight, with five months of six times a day, things being put into her ear. Just one part of her treatment.

First if the ear infection lasts more than a few weeks...get it cultured.  The sooner you treat the correct infection the sooner the recovery.  W Maggie Mae infection had at least eight months to grow before we adopted her April 12, 2008.

If it turns out to be pseudomonas bacteria, I would be happy to share W Maggie Mae's treatment.  We send all the prayers and drool to any basset who has a ear problem.

Cathy B NY
W Maggie Mae
Willie B Good WB