[Dailydrool] Hope this helps someone -

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 5 07:41:56 PDT 2009

Sorry but want to tell you this about Becky (still with us).  Thinking it was her back and not her heart
I still am floored.  Sunday night she went to emerg. and got pills and the vet (emerg 0ne) was telling
me she was so sorry - many times.  The vet at emerg also had me sign a paper cuz
I didn't get bloodwork (got ekg and xrays)  before giving her the pill said it could kill her.
So Sandy and I discussed at length as to whether to give it to her till she saw reg vet next day.
We decided to give it to her and hope for the best.  Well a.m. she was still with us
and got another pill down her.Then we
went to the regular vet on orders from vet hospital Sunday night - and while wandering around
in there her foot started to unbend and improvement in the dragging foot. She loves the vet
Hand fed her chicken breast for a couple of days and
reg vet saw her yesterday she told me I was very lucky I still have her. She wouldn't even
cut her nails that day cuz it would stress her. They got done yesterday.  I know it's coming.
So if this happens with you with an old basset/dog  it could be heart not back. Looks like what the lady
Airedale had in Victoria and she died. She did have a heart condition.  It was holidays and she wasn't
taken to the vet.
Wonderful vets esp the regular one  She also gets the metrozo??? pill for tummy and
a pharmacist told me it would give her the diahreah. Well didn't give it to her for awhile
but did and in dogs it didn't give diahreah but helped the sensitive tummy.

Hope this helps someone.
Georgie and Miss Becky