[Dailydrool] Delilah, the Vegas hound in Houston

decadog at comcast.net decadog at comcast.net
Sun Apr 5 10:42:42 PDT 2009

Hi Droolers, just an update about our LVBR hound, Delilah, found stranded in a Houston shelter. The great folks at Basset Buddies Rescue pulled her from the shelter on Friday and have her safe at one of their vets. Thank you, Basset Buddies. The response from Droolers to help Delilah has been wonderful and I want to thank everyone. Hopefully I've responded to all who contacted me, I'll keep them posted. A perfect transport solution has come in the form of help from King George E. Grunt and his mom, Kay. They're trekking to the Tri-State Board Waddle in a little more than a week and have offered to bring Delilah directly to me in Knoxville as they pass this way! We appreciate King George and Kay's offer so much. For now we're preparing for Delilah's arrival. Her soon-to-be basset family has been told that another hound will be added to the fold. Peanut, Annie, Buttercup and Polly--along with Belly Rubs foster gal, Pebbles, are saving a spot on the couch for her (and on the ottomans and daybed--we have loads of basset furniture!). We are going to try networking through Facebook, MySpace, twittering (what ever that is!) to contact the former owner in an attempt to find the whereabouts and status of Delilah's bonded mate, Dexter. Just want to know if he's gone to the Bridge or is safe, but maybe needs to come back and be with Delilah. No questions asked. We don't know what's happened, it could have been something beyond the owner's control. In Delilah's case, microchipping worked. The shelter did their job--scanned for a chip, then made the effort to contact Home Again and LVBR. Home Again also contacted me to make sure the shelter had called me. We're placing a "lost" status on Dexter's chip in case he comes into a shelter or rescue, somewhere, somehow.

Bassetly yours, Darlene   www.lasvegasbassetrescue.com    (Tennessee satellite office!)