[Dailydrool] synovig3 - matching prices

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Mon Apr 6 05:09:10 PDT 2009

I know its going to sound like I do have that ax to grind... but ...

... people shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a fair price on
anything.. its to the benefit of 1800pM's if *they* do the comparison
shopping so that the users don't go looking for prices elsewhere
(potentially loosing the sale) and then offer matching to keep the customer
... but you also have to wonder.. if 1800PM's wasn't so heavily advertizing
on TV ... would their prices be as high as they are?

And yes.. I'm aware that you don't really have to jump through hoops to get
1800PM's to match prices... but why should I have to go back every time and
tell them... hey.. I can get this for cheaper over there.. and then have to
listen to the same lies the Vetman use to spew at me.. "oh they get their
meds from the back of some guy's pickup .... they're selling stuff that's
going to go out of code soon,... oh that company doesn't ship their meds
hermetically sealed or in refrigerated containers" .... oh sure 1800Petmeds
... you don't use the same Postal Carrier as EntirelyPets or any of a
hundred other vendors...

Its the same shpeal we get from the vetman about why *not* to buy our meds
and stuff on line.. shift the concern to an unknown product source, or the
climate the product goes through to get into our hands.. and not to mention
the incentive ... 1800PM's pays a hefty price in advertising ... so they
have to make that cost up somehow..

... current day pricing ...
Rimadyl  100mg 180 tab's

$209 at 1800PM's .... or $141.50 from EntirelyPets ...

60 bucks difference!! .... that's 2 - 40 lb bags of dog food for my boys..

And to get the price match, you have to call ... you can't order on line ..
you have to call them to get the match..

Its the shell game.. you have to look to find it... prove to them its the
same stuff and that its "FDA/EPA approved" (their price match disclaimer)
and all so they don't have to meet the prices on the open market..

Just like other prescriptions.. the vetman wants to put a hound on a long
term steroid dose.. get a script ... go to costco (you don't have to be a
costco member to get their prices on meds) or to walmart for the $4 dollar
scripts .... sure I would take the vetman's price for 10 tabs ... short
term.. but 100 tabs at vetmans price? sorry doc.. can't do that..

</rant>

In the end... yes.. DO shop around.. read up on the company ... and get
comfortable with them.. that's the only thing 1800PM's really has going for
it.. that they are highly visible so that breeds an air of trust... but just
make sure you get the right price.. and hold them to it!

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] synovig3

try calling 1800 pet meds...they will match anyone's price