[Dailydrool] Looking for guidance

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 07:28:23 PDT 2009

Fellow Droolers,

My husband and I love our basset hounds and have taken a growing interest in the rescue of these guys. We try to support the rescues financially since we are a somewhat full house with three dogs and two cats. I know many of you would think that three dogs is laughable:) For a little while now my husband and I have been contemplating fostering, especially with the worsening economy, to help out the bassets. But I also have a deep desire to help all of those senior hounds out there. So would my husband and I have a greater impact on basset rescue by becoming a foster home or taking in a senior basset? Or do we foster senior bassets (knowing that I will likely become a "foster failure")? Any advice that you guys can give would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert, Maggie and Franny