[Dailydrool] Spring cleaning / windowsills

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Apr 6 08:35:16 PDT 2009

Our chin-level white windowsills are GROSS from the hounds lying their snouts on them to gaze at the world, and from them hopping up and down on them furiously when anyone actually goes by the house.  They're all chipped, scratched, and generally grungy. We sanded and painted, and that only took care of the issue for a few days. So, here's our best remedy - cover the whole sill with 1-inch wide white plastic tape made by 3M/Scotch. We found it in our local small hardware store. Here's a photo of the tape: https://www.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0013304-zoom.html  I takes several lengths to cover the whole sill, so a roll doesn't go very far.

White duct tape does NOT work; it's too "soft" and gets dug up by the dog toenails.  The white plastic tape is slick, and wipes off well with a damp rag, and is impervious to toenails. I've re-applied the tape only once in the last couple of years.

Here's a link to a photo of Frank, goobering the windowsill.
http://www.pbase.com/notawahoo/image/49163831

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank